The Davis Family is a crazy hilarious bunch! We have four awesome kids that keep us laughing and constantly amazed at thier love of family, their intellgience and talents! We love to do fun things together as a family, play games, hang out with friends, go to the movies, and eat good food! Our newest adventure is living here in UTAH!!!

Monday, December 14, 2009

We are still alive and yes..... very cold! :)

So how long has it been since I blogged? Ok, forever. But to be fair to myself we have had a few things going on.... As I am sure every one knows we moved to Utah! So pretty, but so cold. For me that is... My kids and Jack are in heaven. I freeze daily but try to stay warm. Jack took a new job with an awesome new company here in Utah. Woodcraft Mill and Cabinet. He loves it and the guys he works with and for are awesome. It's so wonderful to see him so happy at work again. He loved the company he worked for in AZ but just couldn't find any work! Here things are working out well so far. We are staying with my sister and her wonderful family for the time being. Looking at places to find a new home! So many places to choose from and still not quite sure where to go. The kids are all adjusting well and are loving all their cousins around all the time. Cheyenne is in eighth grade at Churchill Jr High. She really likes it now. It took some adjusting and trying to fit in and figure out life here, but she seems to be happy now. She tried out for, very unwillingly I might add, Fiddler on the Roof and landed the role of the third daughter. You know the one who marries the Russian??? She is really excited, now , and she will also be playing the part of a villager. She is taking a Stage crew/Drama class and they need to be available to move sets and things as well. She will do awesome and believe me that will be on the BLOG! The performances are on March 23rd through th 26th. Taylor is in 5th grade and Anna in 4th at Oakridge Elementray. They have had some adjusting to do as well. Every school seems to be at a different place in the book, so we have been doing a bit of catching up... but we are working on it. Taylor has fit right in. The school is a highly performing academic school and he has loved the challenge. He rotates through three teachers daily and I think it keeps him a bit more focused, not to mention the three recesses a day. :) Anna has done so good and I love her teacher. She needed Mrs. Mcasland to help her get through! There were a bit ahead of her class in math and some other areas and she has worked so hard to try and catch up! Mrs. Mcasland really cares about her and is always so encouraging! We went to visit for the very first time and planned on the kids starting the following day and Mrs. Mcasland just begged to have Anna stay, right then! So she did. She really loves her school and has lots of new friends. We commute to school every day and it is up in a beautiful area called Olympus cove. It's kinda in a higher area between two mountains so they get a lot of snow. Which neither Taylor or Anna mind!!!! Grace and I have hung out a lot together! I love that kid. She is my little companion. She goes everywhere with me and we have a ball. She loves the snow and throws an absolute fit every time we have to come in! She must have her Dad's blood. She is currently going through a whining stage. It's awesome, let me tell ya. But all things must come to an end and we are working on a very speedy ending to this! :) I miss all of our friends and family enormously and long to see them again. But I like Utah a lot more than I thought?! I guess that's good! I love the mountains and all the beautiful scenery. I just like it a lot more outside my window right now than actually being outside. We are so grateful for our family here. They have embraced us and helped us and included us and loved us. Without them this would be awfully difficult. Soon we will find a new home and new people to get to know and friends for our kids and so many things life brings. What a blessing the church is to me and my family! How lost we would be without it! An instant family and friends. I am the WEBELOS leader here in our new ward. I will have to post pictures of the Push Go-cart that Taylor made. With his Dad's help and Bro. Thomas' help of course. I sanded a little! :) I know we are here for a purpose and so many small things have come to light to show me that. Things that I know were put into place for us to be here now. Heavenly Father truly gives us comfort and has a plan for each one of us. My family is definitely included. I will try to update the past few months for every one! Be expecting a Christmas card from us soon!!!!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

! So glad you are back to blogging...maybe! :) I miss you so much! Glad to hear you are adjusting well though!! You and your family are wonderful!! Love you so much!

Jadrian said...

OH Katie! Im so glad to hear from you! Love to hear that your family is adjusting well, and that the kids love the snow! Hope you have a happy Hollidays! Love you very much!
Jadrian Johnson

Katie said...

We love and miss you all!!!! Thanks for all the well wishes.